I know winter is upon us and the thought of taking engagement photos in Pittsburgh may not be on everyone’s minds, but I still think it can be a great time for an engagement session (fun snow pictures, anyone?). Even so, spring is just a couple months away, and now is the perfect time to be thinking about possible locations for your engagement pictures.
So, I’ve assembled a list of my Top Ten Engagement Locations in Pittsburgh, plus Five Places I’d Really, Really, Love to Shoot An E-Session at.
Here’s my Top Ten:
1. The Strip District–where else can you find such awesome backdrops?
2. Hartwood Acres–this place is gorgeous all-year round.
3. Mexican War Streets/West Park–located on Pittsburgh’s North Side, these two locations go hand-in-hand.
4. Frick Park–lovely woods, fields, and streams. Perfect.
5. Phipps Conservatory/Schenley Park–gorgeous backdrops and lovely flowers.
6. Downtown Pittsburgh–great architecture and awesome variety. Works well in the winter, too!
7. Mellon Park–Pittsburgh’s hidden gem, located off 5th avenue: gardens, trees, and a beautiful staircase.
8. Station Square–nice view of Pittsburgh with a cool urban setting.
9. Pittsburgh’s Northshore–Heinz Field, PNC Park, and a great view of the city.
10. Point Park–Love this place, though, I list it with a caveat. Recent construction has torn it up, and we’ll just have to see what they put in this summer.
As I said, I love shooting in all of those above locations, but there’s also some places I haven’t but would really LOVE to do an e-session in (any takers??).
My Top Five (wishlist) Engagement Locations:
1. Kennywood Park–seriously, I think this place would be a blast do do an e-shoot in. So much variety, so many fun things to do. I really hope to shoot one here this summer. If you’re interested, let me know!
2. Pittsburgh Zoo–OK, it may sound silly, but I also think this would be a really cool location. Come on, who else would have a giraffe in their engagement photos?? Probably best to go on a non-school day so as to avoid the field-trippers.
3. Oakmont/Verona–I love the look of Oakmont and Verona–cute cobblestone streets and a lovely view of the river. Wouldn’t it be fun to paddle around in a canoe for some photos?
4. Washington’s Landing–This little island may be small, but I think there’s plenty to discover!
5. YOUR Favorite Place–I mean this seriously–I love shooting in new locations, and I’d love to know what’s your favorite little place in Pittsburgh and the surrounding area.
If you’d love to see any more photos from engagement sessions I’ve done around Pittsburgh, you’re welcome to browse through the engagements category. Also, if you’re wondering what to wear for your e-session, be sure to check out my post regarding engagement session clothing.